- Ph.D., Theoretical Physics, Cornell University, 1985
- B.S., Physics, University of Illinois, 1979
- PHYS A211 General Physics I
- PHYS A303 Modern Physics
Professional and Departmental Service
- Chancellor's Award of Excellence in Research, 2013
- National Science Foundation grant, "Formation of Complex Precipitation Structures," 2012-2013.
- National Science Foundation grant, "Topics in Neutrino Mass Phenomenology," 2000-2002.
- Research Corporation grant, "Topics in Neutrino Mass Phenomenology," 1997-2000.
- Alaska Science and Technology Foundation grants, "Society and Society" Public Lecture Series, 1996-1999.
Dr. Pantaleone was recently published with co-authors Dr. Jerzy Maselko and UAA MS Student, Vitaliy Kaminker. Click the picture below to read the full article,"The Dynamics of Open Precipitation Tubes."
- V. Kaminker, J. Maselko, and J. Pantaleone, "The dynamics of open precipitation tubes," J. Chem. Phys. 140, 244901 (2014).
- J. Maselko, M. Kiehl, J. Couture, A. Dyonizy, V. Kaminker, P. Nowak and J. Pantaleone, "Emergence of Complex Behavior in Chemical Cells: The System A1C13-NaOH," Langmuir 30, 5726 (2014).
- J. Pantaleone and J. Messer, "The Added Mass of a Spherical Projectile," Am. J. Phys. 79, 1202 (2011).
- J. Pantaleone, A. Toth, D. Horvath, L. RoseFigura, W. Morgan and J. Maselko, "Pressure Oscillations in a Chemical Garden," Phys. Rev. E79, 056221 (2009).
- J. Pantaleone, A. Toth, D. Horvath, J. Rother McMahan, R. Smith, D. Butki, J. Braden, E. Matthews, H. Geri, and J. Maselko, "Oscillations of a Chemical Garden," Phys. Rev. E77, 046207 (2008).
- J. Pantaleone, "Synchronization of Metronomes," Am. J. Phys. 70, 992 (2002).
- J. Pantaleone, "Getting the Most from Atmospheric Neutrinos," Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 5060 (1998).
- A. Kostelecky, J. Pantaleone and S. Samuel, "Neutrino Oscillations in the Early Universe," Phys. Lett. B315, 46 (1993).
- S. Pakvasa and J. Pantaleone, "Direct Probes of Neutrino Properties Using Solar Neutrino Lines," Phys. Rev. Lett. 65, 2479 (1990).
- T.K. Kuo and J. Pantaleone, "Neutrino Oscillations in Matter," Rev. Mod. Phys. 61, 937 (1989).
- Y.J. Ng, J. Pantaleone and S. -H.H. Tye, "Spin-Dependent Forces in Heavy Quark Systems," Phys. Rev. Lett. 55, 916 (1985).