Dear Adjunct Faculty,
Welcome, or welcome back, to the UAA community! Here are some critical pieces of information to help you get off to a good start.
Basic UAA systems are accessed through two distinct user accounts which will be automatically generated after you submit your signed paperwork:
- University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) Username is based on your name and used to access:
University of Alaska (UA) ID is an eight digit number used to access UAOnline.
Your department, university administration, and students will contact you via
this address. Use this account for all
communication with students.
Blackboard provides a way to manage your classes; share resources and files;
post, receive, and grade assignments; hold online discussions; and more.
- Employee Services includes benefits, job data, and paystubs.
- Faculty Services is used to enter final student grades, view class lists and student information.
- Note: Look up your UA ID, username, or change your password on the Me Site.
Instructional technology is part of all classes. Here is where to go for help:
- IT Services Call Center can assist with technical troubleshooting of Blackboard, Collaborate, Email, and more: 786-4646 or 877-633-3888, option 1 (M-F 6am to 12pm; S-S 8am to 5pm).
Academic Innovations and eLearning helps with educational technology in teaching and learning: 786-4496
(M-F 8am to 5pm)
- AV Services can assist you with classroom projectors and other classroom audio visual equipment: dial the same number as above, choose option 2. (Open M-R 8am to 10pm; F 8am to 5pm)
Did you know?
- Adjunct faculty receive many perks, including tuition waivers, discount parking on main campus, Wolfcard discounts, People Mover rides, Microsoft Home Use Program and Antivirus (software).
- You can subscribe to the UAA faculty mailing list.
- The Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE) provides a multitude of faculty development opportunities throughout the year.
- The UAA Care Team reviews reports about concerns regarding the well-being and behavior of students.
Teaching on the main campus after hours? Please review the following emergency phone numbers.
Many classrooms have emergency phones; review the building Emergency Evacuation Plan for the closest safe room.
- Campus Police at 786-1120 can assist with car trouble, locked classroom, safety escort, and disruptive students.
- Anchorage Police at 911 can assist with car accidents, crime, medical emergency, and threats/violence.
- Receive alerts about incidents that may disrupt university operations.
Visit the Adjunct Faculty Gateway for more information. If you have additional questions, please contact your departmental administrative assistant.