Dear Adjunct Faculty,
Welcome, or welcome back, to the UAA community! Here are some critical pieces of information to help you get off to a good start.
Basic UAA systems are accessed through two distinct user accounts which will be automatically generated after you submit your signed paperwork:
- University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) Username is based on your name and used to access:
- University of Alaska (UA) ID is an eight digit number used to access UAOnline.
- Employee Services includes benefits, job data, and paystubs.
- Faculty Services is used to enter final student grades, view class lists and student information.
- Note: Look up your UA ID, username, or change your password on the Me Site.
Instructional technology is part of all classes. Here is where to go for help:
- IT Services Call Center can assist with technical troubleshooting of Blackboard, Elluminate Live!, Email, and more: 786-4646 or 877-633-3888, option 1 (M-F 6am to 12pm; S-S 8am to 5pm).
The Faculty Technology Center helps with educational technology in teaching and learning: 786-4496
(M-F 8am to 5pm)
- The Call Center Faculty Escalation line is an option if you have a technical issue during or just before class: dial the same number as above, choose option 9.
- AV Services can assist you with classroom projectors and other classroom audio visual equipment: dial the same number as above, choose option 2. (Open M-R 8am to 10pm; F 8am to 5pm)
Did you know?
- Adjunct faculty receive many perks, including tuition waivers, discount parking on main campus, Wolfcard discounts, People Mover rides, Microsoft Home Use Program and Antivirus (software).
- You can subscribe to the UAA faculty mailing list.
- The Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE) provides a multitude of faculty development opportunities throughout the year.
- The UAA Care Team reviews reports about concerns regarding the well-being and behavior of students.
Teaching on the main campus after hours? Please review the following emergency phone numbers.
Many classrooms have emergency phones; review the building Emergency Evacuation Plan for the closest safe room.
- Campus Police at 786-1120 can assist with car trouble, locked classroom, safety escort, and disruptive students.
- Anchorage Police at 911 can assist with car accidents, crime, medical emergency, and threats/violence.
- Receive alerts about incidents that may disrupt university operations.
Visit the Adjunct Faculty Gateway for more information. If you have additional questions, please contact your departmental administrative assistant.