The College-Level Examination Program® or CLEP provides students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. There are 2,900 colleges that grant credit and/or advanced standing for CLEP exams.
CLEP study resources are available at major bookstores, the UAA bookstore or you may dowload specific subjects HERE from the College Board website.
Additional CLEP Study Resources
CLEP testing is done at the Advising and Testing Center, Room 112 during our open lab hours
. Each CLEP test costs a total of $100.00. Which is paid in two separate payments. Effective January 1, 2014 the following process is in place for all CLEP test takers:
- Register online with the College Board and pay the $80.00 fee.
- Schedule an appointment with the testing center either in person or online and pay the $20.00 proctoring fee. Note the latest check in time for all CLEP exams is 2:00 pm daily.
- The proctoring fee may be paid in person at Cashiering, located in the University Center during normal business hours, which are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. OR examinees may pay online. Please note you will be charged a $3.00 convenience fee for this service.
- Bring a copy of your registration receipt and a Government Issued Identification to your scheduled test day appointment.
Acceptable ID's (Government Issued)
- State ID
- State Drivers License
- Military ID
- Naturalization Card
- Tribal ID
- Credit cards with picture
- Warehouse club cards
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Cards
- Company or Work Identification
- Photocopy of any Identification
You will receive an unofficial score report at the end of the CLEP exams for all subjects except the College Composition exam.
You must be a degree seeking student in order for your official CLEP scores to be posted to your UAA transcript.
Click here to see how your CLEP scores will be transferred to UAA.
How often can I retake the CLEP Exam?
Effective October 17, 2014 CLEP Exams may be taken every 3 months.