Accepting Applications for 2016-2017 starting mid January 2016
- Apply to UAA as a degree-seeking student. Students are encouraged to declare a Dental Assisting Major (either Undergraduate Certificate or Associate of Applied Science.
- Complete and submit a Dental Assisting Web Application. Applicants are encouraged to review a sample application prior to starting the online application.
- Show proof of placement into ENGL A111. If applying without any undergraduate coursework, submit scores from current SAT, ACT or Accuplacer placement test. Contact Advising and Testing at (907) 786-4500 for testing times. Please visit the UAA Score Placement Charts website or contact the Allied Health Student Success Coordinator for additional information at 907-786-4894. If test scores are low, additional course work may be required to help you achieve your goal of completing the Dental Assisting program.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation to the Dental Assisting program on the provided forms. Preferably these letters should come from former or current employers or instructors.
- Submit recommendations to Dental Assisting Program by mail or hand delivered to the address below.
- Upon submission of an application to the Dental Assisting program, students may also be required to appear for an interview with program faculty.
University of Alaska Anchorage
Dental Assisting Program
3211 Providence Drive, AHS 148
Anchorage, AK 99508
Applicants with a complete file are selected for admission based upon their test scores, grades in high school and college, ability to complete the application process, and dental assisting experience. If test results are low and classes are recommended to improve reading comprehension levels, applicants will be advised and proof of successful course completion must be provided prior to acceptance into the program.
Expenses beyond tuition include but are not limited to: activity fees, uniforms, lab fees, student organization membership, immunizations, cost of Basic Life Support (BLS) class, licensure fees, and student health insurance.
Immunizations and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification are required prior to clinical participation. Adult, infant and child CPR and AED certification and immunizations must be current throughout the program. Students must be free of tooth decay and active periodontal disease.