Associate of Applied Science Dental Hygiene Degree
- Apply to UAA as a Pre-Major Dental Hygiene major.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan and learn about application and program admission requirements.
- Complete prerequisite requirements. See Associate of Applied Science degree information to learn about specific course information. All prerequisite coursework must be complete by the application deadline.
- Complete AAS Dental Hygiene application procedure.
AAS Dental Hygiene Application Procedure
To be considered for fall admission into the Associate of Applied Science program, the application process must be completed by the deadline date posted on the program's website.
- Complete the AAS Dental Hygiene program application and submit to the address below.
- Submit three letters of recommendation to the Dental Hygiene program on the provided Dental Hygiene Recommend Forms.
- Submit current Test of Essential Academic Skills V for Allied Health (TEAS V) formerly known as the Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET) scores to the UAA Dental Hygiene program no later than the application deadline. Contact the Advising and Testing Center (786-4500) for information about TEAS V administration.
- Complete academic advising session requirement by reviewing the Dental Hygiene Advising PowerPoint and taking the Advising Quiz.
- Submit program application and supporting documentation (including letters of recommendation and TEAS V scores) to the following address:
UAA Dental Hygiene Program
Allied Health Sciences Building, Room 148
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508-8371
Bachelor of Science Dental Hygiene Degree (BSDH)
The BSDH program is a degree completion program. In order to be awarded a Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene, students must first provide proof of completion of an AAS Dental Hygiene degree.
- Apply as a Bachelor's degree-seeking students. Students are required to declare Pre-Major Dental Hygiene.
- Complete an advising session with an academic advisor to discuss degree requirements and to develop an academic plan.
- Complete an AAS Dental Hygiene Degree, if not already complete.
- Complete required support classes. See Bachelor of Science degree information to learn about specific course information.
- Complete change of major form from pre-major to full-major status to be approved by a Dental Hygiene Faculty advisor.