Associate's Degree Admissions Requirements.
- Apply to UAA as a degree-seeking student. Students are encouraged to apply as a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) pre-major as their first or second degree program choice.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan.
- Meet all prerequisites listed in UAA Catalog for DMS program.
- Complete DMS application procedure listed below.
- Submit a DMS program application.
- Provide a copy of current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Provide a copy of current healthcare certification/license
- Provide updated and certified Immunization Record.
- Provide a letter stating you observed a sonographer performing examinations and related duties for a minimum of 10 hours.
- If selected, appear before a student selection panel for an interview.
- Once admitted, and prior to the program start, submit to a national-level criminal background check.
Applying to the DMS program is a two-part process, an application and a panel interview. Applicants selected for interview are encouraged to interview in-person at the Anchorage campus; however, distance interviews may be conducted via video conferencing as needed.