Students wishing to enroll in the Phlebotomy Program must fulfill the following requirements:
- Apply to UAA for the Phlebotomist OEC. Priority will be given to those students who are admitted to the Phlebotomy Occupational Endorsement Certificate (OEC). There are no deadlines and no fees associated with admissions to an OEC.
- Submit appropriate departmental paperwork to the Medical Laboratory Science Department including a Student History Form, Enrollment Policy, and Essential Requirements Form. Students must also be in process of completing a Pre-Entrance Medical Record. Proof of immunizations must be on theThe Pre-Entrance Medical Record form provided. Shot records will not be accepted.
- Provide proof of completion of appropriate placement into PRPE A108 or proof of completion of PRPE A086 with a grade of C or better. Completion of ENGL A111 and/or a previous Associate's or Bachelor's degree meets this requirement. Contact the Medical Laboratory Science Department if you have questions concerning the placement scores.
Enrollment in Phlebotomy courses is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a student has fulfilled the above requirements, the student can request departmental approval from the Medical Laboratory Science Department.
Prior to enrolling in a practicum (MEDT A195A, MEDT A195B, MEDT A395 or MEDT A495 students must:
- Demonstrate computer competency in the prerequisite MEDT courses.
- Have completed a background check from State of Alaska at the following link: https://abcs.dhss.alaska.gov
- Provide proof of personal medical insurance coverage.
- Provide updated vaccination information if required.