Applications will be due in September 2014 for a January 2015 start date.
Students will be admitted
to the UAA Physical
Therapist Assistant program as
a pre-major. Prior to being
admitted as a full major, the student must complete the following additional admission requirements:
- The student must meet with the UAA
Physical Therapist Assistant program advisor to develop an academic plan.
- Show, from official transcripts, successful
completion of the following:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in all coursework.
- "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework as listed on the AAS Physical Therapist Assistant webpage, with the exception of BIOL A111 and BIOL A112, for which students must earn a "B" or better.
- Provide documentation of minimum of 30 hours of observation/work experience in two different clinical settings, e.g., outpatient, hospital inpatient, home health, rehab center, or long term care.
- Three (3) letters of reference completed by non-family members.
- Complete the Physical
Therapist Assistant program application process.
- Provide a copy of
current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Interview by invitation,
with a writing sample completed
on the day of interview
- Provide evidence of current immunizations as required by the department.
- Once admitted, and prior to the program start, submit to a national-level criminal background check.