The 2015-2016 PTA Application is now available.
Students will be admitted
to the UAA Physical
Therapist Assistant program as
a pre-major. Prior to being
admitted as a full major, the student must complete the following additional admission requirements:
- The student must meet with the UAA
Physical Therapist Assistant Program Advisor to develop an academic plan.
- Show from official transcripts, successful
completion of the following:
Provide documentation on Clinical Observation Form for a minimum of 30 hours of observation/work experience in two different clinical settings with a minimum of 15 hours in each, e.g., outpatient, hospital inpatient, home health, rehab center, or long term care.Provide Three (3) PTA Recommendation Letters by non-family members.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in all coursework.
- "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework as listed on the AAS Physical Therapist Assistant webpage. While students may apply for admission into the PTA program with a "C" or better in all prerequisites, applications from students whose grades in BIOL A111 and A112 are a "B" or better will have a competitive advantage.
To be considered for Spring admission into the Associate of Applied Science program, the application process must be complete by September 4, 2015.
- Review prerequisite and application requirements on this website and the sample application PTA Application.
- Complete thirty (30) hours of clinical observations in two different clinical settings with a minimum of 15 hours in each, e.g., outpatient, hospital inpatient, home health, rehab center, or long term care settings. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of the completed observation form to the AAS PTA web application or provide a paper copy directly to the department no later than the application deadline.
- Complete the required immunization record. Current UAA students are strongly encouraged to use the UAA Student Health and Counseling Center online portal for tracking. Non-UAA Students without access to the online portal must provide a signed Immunization Record form. Shot records will not be accepted. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of a completed and signed immunization record or a printout of completed immunization record from the UAA Student Health & Counseling Online Portal or provide a paper copy directly to the department no later than the application deadline.
- Recommendation forms must be provided directly to the PTA program office no later than the application deadline.
- Provide a copy of
current Basic Life Support (CPR) for Healthcare Providers certification either through a file upload in the web application, by mailing or hand delivering a photocopy of the current certification to the PTA program office.
- Complete AAS Physical Therapist Assistant Web Application no later than 5:00pm on September 4, 2015. Applicants are encouraged to review the sample application prior to starting the web application.
- Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline; interviews will be by invitation with a writing sample to be completed the day of the interview.
- Once admitted, and prior to the program start, submit to a national-level criminal background check.