The PTA Program Application is now availble.
Applications will be due by October 10, 2014 at 5:00pm
Students will be admitted
to the UAA Physical
Therapist Assistant program as
a pre-major. Prior to being
admitted as a full major, the student must complete the following additional admission requirements:
- The student must meet with the UAA
Physical Therapist Assistant program advisor to develop an academic plan.
- Show, from official transcripts, successful
completion of the following:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in all coursework.
- "C" or better in all prerequisite coursework as listed on the AAS Physical Therapist Assistant webpage. While students may apply for admission into the PTA program with a "C" or better in all prerequisites, applications from students whose grades in BIOL A11 and A112 are a "B" or better will have a competitive advantage.
- Provide documentation on Clinical Observation Form of minimum of 30 hours of observation/work experience in two different clinical settings, e.g., outpatient, hospital inpatient, home health, rehab center, or long term care.
- Three (3) PTA Recommendation Forms by non-family members.
- Complete the Physical
Therapist Assistant program web application.
- Submit completed clinical observation forms and letters of recommendation forms directly to the PTA program office.
- Provide a copy of
current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification either through a file upload in the web application or by mailing or hand delivering a photocopy of the current certification to the PTA program office.
- Provide evidence of current immunizations as required by the department. UAA students are encouraged to verify current immunizations using the UAA Student Health & Counseling Center Online Portal. Applicants who are not UAA students must provide proof via a paper proof of immunization form.
- Interview by invitation, with a writing sample completed on the day of interview.
- Once admitted, and prior to the program start, submit to a national-level criminal background check.