Associate of Applied Science Radiologic Technology Degree
- Apply to UAA as a degree-seeking student. Students are encouraged to declare the AAS Pre-Major Radiologic Technology major.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan and learn about application and program admission requirements.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements with a grade 'C ' or better. See Associate of Applied Science degree information to learn about specific course information. All prerequisite coursework must be complete by the application deadline.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete all General Degree Requirements prior to the application deadline. See Associate of Applied Science degree information to learn about specific course information.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above including coursework from non-UA colleges or universities. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may request an Exception to Policy. Exception to policy requests must be turned in by April 15 of application year for processing prior to application date. Please contact the department of Medical Imaging Science at (907) 786-4930 for additional information.
- Complete AAS Radiologic Technology application procedure as described below.
AAS Radiologic Technology Application Procedure
To be considered for fall admission into the Associate of Applied Science program, the application process must be completed by May 15th.
- Complete the AAS Radiologic Technology application. Submit the paper application to the address below. Please review the Application Instructions for detailed instructions and information.
- Submit narrative responses as described in the Radiologic Technology Application.
- Submit signed and certified Immunization Record. Applicants are required to use the form provided. Shot records will not be accepted.
- Complete sixteen (16) hours of clinical observations in an approved imaging center. Submit completed and signed Observation Form. Re-applicants must complete an additional eight (8) hours of clinical observations.
- Submit clinical observation essay as described in the Radiologic Technology Application.
- Submit a professional resume as described in the Radiologic Technology Application.
- Submit proof of current CPR/Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers certification through the American Heart Association. Photocopy of certification card is acceptable.
- Submit program application and supporting documentation online or submit a paper copy to the following address no later than 5pm on the application deadline listed below:
UAA Radiologic Technology Program
Allied Health Sciences Building, Room 148
3211 Providence Drive Anchorage, AK 99508-8371