Associate of Applied Science Radiologic Technology Degree
- Apply to UAA as a degree-seeking student. Students are encouraged to declare the AAS Pre-Major Radiologic Technology major.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan and learn about application and program admission requirements.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements with a grade 'C ' or better. See Associate of Applied Science degree information to learn about specific course information. All prerequisite coursework must be complete by the application deadline.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete all General Degree Requirements prior to the application deadline. See Associate of Applied Science degree information to learn about specific course information.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above including coursework from non-UA colleges or universities. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may request an Exception to Policy. Exception to policy requests must be turned in by April 15 of application year for processing prior to application date. Please contact the department of Medical Imaging Science at (907) 786-4930 for additional information.
- Complete AAS Radiologic Technology application procedure as described below.
AAS Radiologic Technology Application Procedure
To be considered for fall admission into the Associate of Applied Science program, the application process must be completed by May 15th.
- Review prerequisite and application requirements on this website and on the sample Radiologic Technology application.
- Complete eight (8) hours of clinical observations at an approved imaging center. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of a completed and signed Observation Form to the AAS Radiologic Technology web application. Re-applicants must complete and submit proof of an additional eight (8) hours of clinical observations.
- Complete the required Immunization Record. Current UAA students are strongly encouraged to use the UAA Student Health & Counseling Center's online portal for tracking. Non-UAA students without access to the online portal must provide a signed Immunization Record form. Shot records will not be accepted. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of a completed and signed immunization form or a printout of completed immunization record from the UAA Student Health & Counseling Online Portal.
- Ready the required application essays for upload into the AAS Radiologic Technology web application. Students will be required to submit two essays: a program application essay and an essay based on their required observation experience.
- For the application essay, applicants will be required to address the following questions:
- Using up to 250 words, describe what experiences influenced you to choose medical imaging as your profession or what keeps you engaged at this point in your career.
- Using up to 250 words, explain your career goals and how the AAS Radiologic Technology degree will help you achieve them.
- Using up to 200 words, explain why you should be selected as a student in the program.
- For the observation essay, applicants will be required to address the following questions:
- Using up to 500 words, describe your experience in the clinical environment during the observation period.
- Using up to 250 words, indicate if the observation met with the expectations you had of the radiology career field.
- Using up to 200 words, describe the highlight of the observation.
- Using up to 200 words, comment on any other additional information you would like to include.
- Essays must be formatted with size 12 Times New Roman font, 1.5 spacing, and uploaded as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf.
- Ready a professional resume for upload into the AAS Radiologic Technology web application. Professional resume should be no longer than two (2) pages. Please provide a .doc, .docx, or .pdf document.
- Ready any copies of certifications or current licenses in a health care related field for upload into the online application.
- Complete the AAS Radiologic Technology web application by May 15th. Applicants are encouraged to review the sample application prior to starting the web application.
UAA Radiologic Technology Program
Allied Health Sciences Building, Room 148
3211 Providence Drive Anchorage, AK 99508-8371