As we considered article ideas for the Fall/Winter 2012 edition of Accolades—UAA: Making our mark on Alaska—we were thrilled with the range of stories at UAA that exemplify this theme. Though we are a relatively young university, the impact we've made in the lives of Alaskans has been a lasting one. And we're just getting started.
I hope you find yourself engaged in the stories we've chosen to feature in this issue and that you will forward a link of this electronic copy to a friend. If you would like to receive a print copy, please contact University Advancement at (907) 786-4847 and we'll put a magazine in the mail to you. If you'd like to provide feedback about the magazine, please contact Kristin DeSmith at email@example.com.
Click here to download your PDF copy of
- From the editor, Kristin DeSmith
- Message from Chancellor Case
- From Red, White and Blue to Green and Gold: UAA adapting to better serve its military and veteran students and their families
- From classroom to boardroom, UAA embraces an entrepreneurial spirit
- A campus crawling with kids: UAA hosts academies and summer camps for Alaska's budding engineers and scientists
- The possibilities are endless: UAA enters new territory as a doctoral-granting institution
- Local inspiration: New programs and events highlight what makes our community campuses unique
- Changing the culture of alumni relations at UAA
- 2012 Green & Gold Gala raises $78,000 for student scholarships, three Alumni of Distinction honored
- Seawolves go 7-for-7 in GNAC awards
- Nurturing Arctic engineering expertise at UAA with help from donors