The Arctic FASD RTC is now offering FASD201 training to community professionals, students, parents and caregivers, and all other interested members of the public.
Date: FRIDAY July 19 or MONDAY September 23 or FRIDAY November 22
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Presenters: Arctic FASD RTC staff
Where: BP Energy Center, 900 E. Benson Blvd., Anchorage
Registration is required.
Please register by noon on the Thursday prior to the scheduled workshop. Workshops with fewer than five registrants may be subject to cancellation. On-site registrations will be accepted on a space available basis.
- Health and allied health professionals
- Students in health and allied health programs
- Professionals who may work with individuals with FASD
These workshops meet the requirements for the State of Alaska's Department of Health and Social Services' FASD201: Developing Successful Interventions and Supports.
All participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the workshop.
PrerequisitesPrior completion of at least one of the following is required prior to attending this workshop:
- FASD Foundations
- Online courses on FASDs offered through the UAA Department of Psychology/WICHE ICE
- Arctic FASD RTC Comprehensive FASD Workshop
- Arctic FASD RTC Train the Trainer Workshop
- Describe FASDs.
- Identify characteristics of FASDs within all life stages.
- Describe the importance of early identification and intervention.
- Describe secondary disabilities associated with FASDs.
- Design intervention strategies to help people with FASDs and their families.
- Discuss treatments and therapies available for individuals with FAS/FASDs.
Continuing Education Credits/Contact Hours
Continuing education (CE) credits or contact hours are available through the UAA Center for Behavioral Health Research and Services (UAA CBHRS).
Participants will be eligible to receive four (4) continuing education (CE) credits/contact hours for the completion of the workshop. The processing fee for these four credits is $25.00. Partial credit is not available.
CBHRS is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CBHRS maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
These CE credits may be accepted by several licensing boards and for other professional purposes. Please consult with your licensing board to confirm the acceptance of these credits.
This activity has been submitted to the Montana Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Montana Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
If you wish to register and receive continuing education credits for completing FASD201, please print and submit the CE credit form, along with the $25.00 CE processing fee.