Founded in 2000, the Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE) is a colleague-to-colleague teaching and learning center that promotes excellence and innovation in teaching, research, creative activity and engagement in an atmosphere of collegiality. CAFE serves faculty at all levels and academic ranks across the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), including those at its Community Campuses.
CAFE offers a wide spectrum of workshops, events and assistance designed to help faculty:
* engage in effective teaching that promotes student learning and success;
* conduct meaningful research and creative activity;
* connect to resources and services throughout the university that support student success;
* maximize opportunities for interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship; and
* advance a community of scholars that enriches the mission of UAA and the life of our community as a whole.
Team-Based Learning Two-Day Institute January 9 & 10, 2014 Reserve your place now!
Facilitating Collegiality at UAA: Strategies for Success (A Workshop for Faculty)
Facilitating a Collegial Department: Strategies for Chairs January 31, 2014