Thank you for your interest in the UAA Career Services Center Internship Program. We strive to challenge students to take their learning with them as they leave the classroom and enter the workforce. These unique opportunities eliminate the distance between academia and the business world, allowing students, employers, and faculty alike to stay up to date with current trends and practices and their application in a real world setting.
Student benefits for doing an internship:
- Allows students to test classroom learning in the laboratory of the real world
- Enables students to pay for a significant portion of their college expenses through earnings from their internship
- Improves job prospects after graduation by giving students valuable work experience
- Builds work history for a great resume
- Determines strengths and weaknesses
- Develop work skills and knowledge of the industry
- Network with potential employers in students' fields of study
- Improve students' professional confidence
- Possibly secure a position in a student's career field upon graduation
- Helps students to decide if this area is the right career choice
- And so much more!
We are here to assist you in all internship matters for students, faculty, and employers. Please feel free to contact the Career Services Center at (907)786-4513 or email@example.com