The Career Services Center at the University of Alaska Anchorage will be recognized by the university community as the premier resource for actively engaging students in exploring and pursuing their career aspirations leading to meaningful and purposeful contributions to our global society.
The mission of the Career Services Center is to provide access, guidance, resources, and opportunities to prepare students as they make optimal use of their knowledge, skills and abilities in order to successfully
- Explore and choose academic majors and related career options
- Obtain career-related experiences, and
- Develop and pursue vocational training and post-graduation career plans, including graduate/professional school and employment.
The Career Services Center is committed to:
- Educating students and alumni through personalized and innovative services. We utilize resources and technology, empowering students to make successful academic and purposeful career-related decisions to become talented professionals and positive contributors to society.
- Maintaining and fostering partnerships with employers, the academic community, and other university constituents, through providing information, programs, and outreach opportunities.
- Supporting career exploration in a respectful environment with professionals committed to providing exceptional service and meeting the needs of a diverse community.
- Pursuing healthy and productive working relationships with our partners and co-workers through open communication, mutual respect and consideration, and teamwork.