The degrees of Associate of Applied Science, Construction Management and the Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, are both accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
UAA's Mission Statement
"The mission of the University of Alaska Anchorage is to discover and disseminate knowledge through teaching, research, engagement, and creative expression."
Construction Management Program Mission and Goals
"The mission of the Construction Management program is to prepare future industry employees with the education, skills, and training for entry-level professional positions in construction management."
- Provide an educational program of distinction that prepares individuals for professional careers in the construction industry.
- Provide a challenging learning environment that seeks to maximize the strengths and capabilities of each individual student.
- Strive for consistent improvement and modernization of the academic and technical quality of the degree program.
- Build a strong and mutually beneficial relationship between the program, the alumni, and the local, regional and national construction industry.
Construction Management Program Outcomes
Academic Quality Improvement Plan
In order to gain an additional measure of program effectiveness, we use a continuous process of in-depth internal assessment to determine how well we are doing in successfully meeting our Program Outcomes. These plans are entitled Educational Effectiveness Assessment Plans. At the end of each academic year, the results of these efforts are compiled into reports where we "grade" ourselves. The Educational Effectiveness Assessment Reports have both the results of the assessment work (our grades) and an action plan for improvement. This process helps the faculty and the administration to spot both positive and negative trends to plan improvements necessary to facilitate continuous improvement of our construction management programs.
- Associate of Applied Science, Construction Management, Educational Effectiveness Assessment Plan [PDF]
- Associate of Applied Science, Construction Management, Education Effectiveness Assessment Report, Academic Year 2011 [PDF]
- Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, Educational Effectiveness Assessment Plan [PDF]
- Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, Educational Effectiveness Assessment Report, Academic Year 2011 [PDF]