The specific educational outcomes that support the program objectives are to produce graduates who are able to:
- Demonstrate skill and proficiency in computer-aided drafting and design.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drafting conventions including symbols, linetypes, lineweights, and dimension styles as applicable to the design discipline.
- Visualize and translate drawing information to actual physical objects and completed construction components.
- Understand the role and purpose of building codes and standards as they pertain to the life, health, and safety of the public.
- Understand the role, duties, and responsibilities of the members of the design team, including the working relationship between technicians and professionals.
- Understand the elements of the construction document set and the role of construction documents as communication tools for the construction contract.
- Understand the construction process from the transformation of an idea or need into a completed project.
- Demonstrate communication skills to be successful in the employment environment.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills in the employment environment.