Graduates will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental processes used to create project designs and construction documents.
- Define the roles, relationships and responsibilities of the participants in the design and construction process.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of contract administration procedures and the communication used in their implementation.
- Define the methods, materials, and techniques used in the design and construction of buildings and civil works.
- Interpret construction documents to predict project costs, plan construction operations, develop project schedules and assign resources.
- Utilize construction operations planning methods to create accurate project schedules and monitor productivity.
- Interpret and apply building codes in construction processes.
- Proficiently operate industry-standard software for computer-aided design and drafting (CADD), project cost estimating, and project scheduling.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of safety, health, and environmental issues related to construction activities.