The 2012 Alaska Autism Summer Institute will offer 3 tracks
for professional development of Alaskan Service Providers. The tracks
include: Transition to Adulthood, Advanced ABA programming, and
Strategies for Challenging Behaviors.
View more information at www.ttclms.org
Transition to Adulthood
The topics covered in this workshop include:
1: Identifying the correct skills sets and curriculum adjustments for
individuals with autism and writing sound transition plans
2: Writing Behaviorally Based Goals and implementing evidence based
practices to instruct individuals with autism in the transition from
school to employment
- Day 3: Positive Behavior Support for Youth with ASD at school, work, and in the community
- Day 4: Transition Planning for college-bound adolescents and young adults with Aspergers Disorder
- Day 5: Intensive Social Skills Instruction for Adolescents and Young Adults with Aspergers Disorder
Participants may attend all days of this workshop or select only those days of training that are most relevant to them.
Advanced ABA Programming
5-day summit on autism will focus on elements necessary for the
advanced implementation of criterion referenced assessments with an
emphasis on strategies to reduce challenging behaviors. These elements
- Experience with administration of selected elements of criterion referenced assessments including barriers assessments
- Advanced program development,
- Progress monitoring
- Addressing challenging behaviors
Strategies for Challenging Behavior
topics covered in this workshop will include intensive individualized
interventions for children and adults with developmental disabilities
and histories of challenging behavior:
- What are the evidence-based interventions that have been shown effective in meeting the needs of these individuals?
do you conduct initial and ongoing behavioral and skill assessment, in
conjunction with a PBS framework for serving the individual?
- How do you plan individualized interventions for these individuals that reduce challenging behavior?
do you meet the needs of these individuals, while also meeting the
needs of the parents, or other caregivers responsible to support them?
- How do you evaluate progress of these interventions?
institute is targeted to professionals (primarily those with Master’s
Degrees). For questions or additional information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.