We are now accepting applications for the 2015-15 LEND program!
To apply, please open the application instructions and follow the steps listed. Application deadline is March 31, 2015. If you have questions, please contact the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alaska LEND 2015-16 Application Instructions
Alaska LEND Reference Form
- Sept–May Academic Year commitment
- Attend LEND Orientation (2-day face-to-face in Anchorage in September)
- Participate in weekly seminars (offered via video/web conferencing at community sites outside the Anchorage bowl.)
- Attend two Leadership Workshops (2-days each, face-to-face in Anchorage; one during Fall semester and one during Spring semester)
- Complete all program requirements
- Monthly meeting with your faculty mentor
- Spend an average of 5–10 hours per week outside the Friday seminars on LEND activities such as clinical/field experiences, time with host family, and research
Eligibility criteria for Long Term Fellows
- One of the following:
Baccalaureate degree and enrolled in a
graduate program in one of the following disciplines: nursing, public
health, social work, psychology, special education, education, speech
language pathology, audiology, occupational therapy, or medicine.
Graduate degree in one of the following disciplines: nursing, public health, social work, psychology, special education, education, speech language pathology, audiology, occupational therapy, or medicine. For Occupational Therapists, you have achieved an academic degree and training which constitutes basic professional level training.
Baccalaureate degree and at least 5 years of experience with increasing professional responsibilities in the field of developmental and related disabilities.
A parent or family member of a child with a developmental disability.
- Long-term professional leadership goals focused in developmental disabilities and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder in Alaska.