There are two ways to copy your course materials, resources and assignments from one semester to another:
Course Copy Tool:
To copy content for your Blackboard courses using course copy, follow these steps.
- In the Control Panel Menu area of the course you are copying from, select Packages and Utilities and then click Course Copy.
- On the next page, select Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course from the drop menu at the top of the page.
- In Section 2, user the Browse button to find the course you would like to copy the content into
- Next, select all the content items that you would like to copy. Remember, this content will just be added to the content that is there already, it will not replace anything.
- Note: To copy deployed tests and assignments you must also select Grade Center Columns and Settings.
- Click Submit to copy. It will take a few minutes for the content to move, depending on the amount of content, videos, images and audio files that you had in your course. Additional Course Copy Instructions
Export & Import Tools:
In the course management tools you can also choose to export an entire course package as a compressed ZIP file saved on your computer hard drive and then import that file into a new course shell. This option is best for courses with large data files, like course modules or uploaded media.
To Export Course Content follow these instructions:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and click Export/Archive Course.
- On the Export/Archive Course page, click Export Package on the action bar.
- On the Export Course page, select whether to include only the links to course files or to include the links and copies of the course files content.
If you select Copy links and include copies of the content, click Calculate Size to ensure that the package size does not exceed the displayed Allowed package size. To remove files and folders from the package, click Manage Package Contents.
- In the Select Course Materials section, select the check boxes for each course area and tool to export. If you select Discussion Board, decide whether to include started posts for each thread in each forum (anonymously) or include only forums with no starter posts.
- Click Submit.
- Blackboard will give you a report in the Export/Archive Course list, select the title of the ZIP file to download and save onto your computer. You will need this ZIP file in the import process, so save it where you can find it. Additional Export Course Content Instruction.
To Import Course Content follow these instructions:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and select Import Package/View Logs.
- Click Import Package.
- Provide the path to the course package or click Browse to search for the package.
- Select the course materials to include.
- Click Submit.
Content from menu content areas that have the same name in the package as in the existing course will be added in the same content area. Nothing will be removed from the course and replaced with content from the package. Imported content is appended to existing content in the same content area. Additional Import Course Instruction.
Organize and Update Content
Now that your content is moved into the new course shell you will need to review and edit dates and deadlines. The easiest way to do this is to use the Date Management Tool. This will give you a list of all your assignment and test due dates and adaptive release dates and allow you to adjust the dates to the new calendar.