Welcome to the College of Education at the
University of Alaska Anchorage!
All of us in the College strive to create a welcoming place that embodies our core values of;
Intellectual Vitality: Professional educators examine diverse perspectives, engage in research and scholarship, contribute to knowledge and practice, and apply innovations in technology.
Inclusiveness and Equity: Professional educators create and advocate for learning communities that advance knowledge and ensure the development, support, and inclusion of peoples' abilities, values, ideas, languages, and expressions.
Collaboration: Professional educators generate, welcome, and support the collaborative relationships and partnerships that enrich people's lives.
Leadership: Professional educators are committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior in their roles, using professional expertise to improve the communities in which they live and work, and demonstrating the ability to translate theories and principles into transformative educational practice.
Although the College of Education is less than ten years old, our history reaches back to the first post-secondary education courses offered in 1954. COE has nearly 4000 alumni that have completed degrees in the field of Education. Our graduates include educators and other leaders committed to transforming lives.
Did you know ?
- We consistently graduate the largest number of educators in the State of Alaska.
- We are accredited by NCATE and nationally recognized by eight specialty area educational organizations. Please see Accreditation for more information.
- We have partnerships with Kenai Peninsula, Kodiak and Mat-Su Colleges that allow students to pursue Early Childhood course work and Elementary Education programs closer to home.
- The College of Education offers programs on the main campus in Anchorage and through extensive online programs.
- Over 80% of our graduate programs are available entirely online.
Come learn with us – the outstanding faculty in the College's three departments offer certificates, bachelors and masters degrees across an array of educational programs.
Join us in engaging in the essential and exhilarating role of shaping the future. Make a difference, teach!