All field experiences require background check clearance. The type of experience determines the type of background check required. Background check requirements are subject to change without notice.
Attention all Undergraduate & Post-Baccalaureate College of Education majors, additional background clearance documentation effective November, 1, 2014.
Effective for the Spring 2015 semester, all College of Education (COE) students who are enrolled in educational classes requiring a school/agency field placement must complete additional background clearance documentation:
The COE is aligning our background check procedures with municipality regulations for students required to complete a field placement in schools/agencies. The Alaska Background Check System (ABCS) is the system that will be used to accommodate requirements for the Municipality of Anchorage and various agencies across the state. The background check will take the place of the Interested Persons Report (IPR) that was required on a annual basis. This background check will remain valid for six years as long as you are enrolled in classes at UAA every 100 days (not including summer) and your placement is in a school agency. Please remember that all fees are subject to change without notice.Register with ABCS (applicant guide)
1. Access the myAlaska website to sign in to your account or to create a new account. If you have ever electronically filed for an Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) or used any of the State of Alaska's services via the State's website, you should have a myAlaska account.
2. Click on View Your Services
3. Click on Alaska Background Check System
4. Confirm the privacy agreement and complete the application and payment process.
5. Complete the Release of Information form and submit to Lisa or the front desk at the COE Student Services Office.
6. Email Lisa confirmation of application submission. SUBJECT line: COE APPLICATION STATUS
6. Submit fingerprints & the ROI to Lisa in COE Student Services no later than December 10, 2014.
PLEASE NOTE: If your application is NOT complete with all fees and fingerprint cards within 30 days from the time you submitted this application, the application will be canceled and you will be required to start the process for a background check from the beginning. Please ensure your fingerprints are received by the BACKGROUND CHECK PROGRAM prior to the 30th day or your application will be canceled.
AGENCY FIELD PLACEMENT REQUIRED PAPERWORK
Please note: COE requires the following each semester an agency placement is required:
All fees are subject to change without notice. Please note that the fingerprints collected for this background check cannot be used for the DEED student teaching authorizations when you apply for your internship.
All fingerprints, fees, and applications must be submitted the first week of class.
ALL paperwork is due the first week of class to secure a field placement.SCHOOL FIELD PLACEMENT REQUIRED PAPERWORK
The Alaska Background Check System above.
The forms below are required each semester for all school placements.
ALL paperwork is due the first week of class to secure a field placement.
Student Teaching Authorization (STA)-Internship Year