Special Education Endorsement Concentration
This program is for currently certificated teachers who wish to add a special education endorsement to an existing teaching certificate.
Student outcomes for the Special Education Graduate Certificate Program are based on the professional standards of the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC). Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Utilize a variety of assessments to identify specific areas of student strengths and weaknesses and use the results to guide instruction.
- Individualize instruction to meet the specific needs of students with disabilities in inclusive settings.
- Support and promote inclusiveness and equity for students with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Apply the legal and ethical principles associated with special education.
- Promote a positive social environment for all students, particularly those with significant emotional and/or behavioral disorders.
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere of collaboration with teachers, parents, administrators, and paraprofessionals.
- Critically analyze and apply principles of research.
- Demonstrate literacy regarding theoretical perspectives associated with human development and learning.
Important Notice about Planning a Practicum or Internship:
The CASE application deadline for:
- Fall semester: 2nd Friday of February
- Spring semester: 2nd Friday of September
Students applying for an Institutional Recommendation (IR) must have their degree posted before the IR will be issued.
For more information contact:
Associate Professor and Advisor
Assistant Professor and Advisor
907-786-6317 phone, 907-786-4474 fax
Contact the Office of Student Engagement at 907-786-4401
Go to Degree Works to view degree progress 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.