Message from the Dean
UAA’s College of Engineering is poised to become a globally prominent center of engineering research and education.
With almost 1200 students now enrolled in our various programs, the college is bustling with
· faculty and student research and scholarship,
· steady progress on our new Engineering and Industry Building, and
· outreach by engineering alumni and others to K-12 students, to inspire them with information about the opportunities available to them in Engineering at UAA.
This summer we will be offering week-long Engineering Camps for students in 6th – 12th grade, with opportunities for hands-on learning in Structure Destruction, 3D Modeling, Java Programming, Robotics, Energy, and Gears and Sprockets. Registration for this exciting program begins April 7th. Additional information can be found at http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/schoolofengineering/summeracademies.cfm
Other recent highlights in UAA’s College of Engineering include
· Creation of a new 4-year scholarship designed to recruit and retain Alaska’s top-performing high school students in our programs.
· The College of Engineering has seen a dramatic increase of more than 130% in research expenditures over the last 3 years.
· Design and construction of our new Engineering and Industry Building has begun and will be finished in 2015, ready to help us meet the increasing demand for the next generation of Alaskan engineers.
Please browse our website to find out more about the various opportunities available through UAA’s College of Engineering, and feel free to contact me directly with any questions you might have about our programs.