1) The University of Minnesota Academic Health Center, Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice has designed a three-phase program where students attain specific interprofessional competencies. This program is named 1Health:
2) University of Akron offers interprofessional certificate programs; examples relevant to this college are addiction studies and aging services.
3) The Western Michigan University College of Health and Human Services has developed a Bachelor of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Health Services. This degree is designed to produce graduates who are competent working on interdisciplinary teams. The BS-IHS is specifically designed for those already holding an Associates Degree and has specific pathways to graduate programs in Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant.
4) Northern Illinois University developed guidelines for the development of interdisciplinary courses. These guidelines address issues such as where credit hour production is assigned, how to deal with grade appeals, and prefix designators for different types of interdisciplinary courses.
5) San Francisco State University has a list of "Top Ten Suggestions for Interdisciplinary Teaching." The list also includes web links to sites related to interdisciplinary teaching as well as references. San Francisco State has also developed an Academic Senate Policy of Interdisciplinary Programs regarding interdisciplinary minors, an undergraduate interdisciplinary council, and guidance for removing impediments to interdisciplinary activities.
6) The University of Akron showcases interdisciplinary collaborations on their Office of Academic Affairs web site. Currently the web site showcases three programs, one of which is a collaboration between faculty members in Nursing and Consumer Sciences focused on the oral health of children from low-income households.
7) One academic institution, not an aspirational peer of UAA, which does have a mission devoted to interprofessional education, is the College of Health Disciplines at the University of British Columbia (UBC).The College's web site specifically states: "The mandate of The College of Health Discipline is to advance interprofessional education, practice and research." The UBC competency framework was discussed above. An exploration of the College's web site reveals a plethora of documents, events, and structures related to interdisciplinary education.
8) The Center for Innovation in Interprofessional Education is located at University of California San Francisco.
9) Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education is a membership organization and think tank in the United Kingdom. The website has many links to publications, both peer reviewed and grey literature. The organization sponsors conferences related to interprofessional education and practice.