The College of Health strongly encourages all students to seek academic advising. The Office of Student Advising and Advocacy is dedicated to the matters centered upon student success.
Functions of the COH Office of Student Advising and Advocacy include:
- Provides focused support for students requiring entry level and PRPE courses.
- Acquaints students with how to locate and effectively utilize resources at UAA.
- Assists students with course selection and registration process.
- Refers students with the appropriate COH faculty advisor.
- Attends and promotes COH majors at college and career fairs.
- Builds collaborative and working relationships with the Anchorage School District's staff, other educational resources, and the greater Anchorage community to promote and recruit prospective students to the College of Health at UAA.
The primary goal of the Office of Student Advising and Advocacy is to increase the retention, quality, and graduation rates of students within the College of Health.