The culinary arts program produces graduates who are not just prepared for entry-level work positions in the rapidly expanding and varied foodservice, hospitality, and tourism industry, but also graduates who
can quickly advance in career opportunities because of their formal training and education. At the completion of this program, students are able to:
- Apply theories and concepts of baking and implement techniques to operate or function in a commercial bakery.
- Apply theories and concepts of cooking and implement techniques to operate or function in a commercial kitchen.
- Identify sanitation and safety codes and procedures necessary to maintain a safe food service facility.
- Analyze food cost and implement necessary controls to maintain costs and ensure profitability.
- Demonstrate the ability to use human resource management and facility operation management concepts to ensure safety, customer service and profitability.