To create a University environment which encourages low-risk drinking choices through social-ecologically based institutional practices and policies.
The Alcohol, Drug and Wellness Education Program at UAA envisions a campus environment where student learning and success are unimpeded by the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Reduce the number of underage students who drink
- Reduce the number of undergraduate and graduate students who practice high-risk drinking
- Reduce the amount of alcohol consumed by high-risk drinkers to more low-risk levels
- Correct campus misperceptions that most college students are heavy drinkers who cause harm to themselves and others
- Increase the effectiveness of campus alcohol policies and enforcement
- Correct key stakeholder perceptions so that faculty, staff, advisers and others do not perpetuate heavy drinking myths