Some online and distance education courses will require students to take proctored exams. A proctored exam is taken in a supervised setting with an individual who ensures student and exam integrity; students may be required to complete a few steps to establish a proctor and test location. If you are enrolled in an online course requiring a proctored exam, please read the information below to determine what steps you need to take.
If you are unsure if your course has a proctored exam, please check with your instructor or course syllabus.
UAA Course Requiring Proctored Exams:
Students enrolled in a UAA online course with proctored exams should complete the following steps:
- Submit a proctor request form. These forms are required once per semester. Depending on your location, you will need to submit one of these forms:
- Proctor Request (online submission) - This form is for students located in Alaska near a preapproved proctor site. Approved sites are listed on the Exam Site drop-down menu.
- Alternate Proctor Form pdf - This form is for students who are not near a preapproved site. The completed form should be scanned or faxed to the UAA eLearning Office. Guidelines for an acceptable proctor are listed on the document.
- Request an appointment with your proctor. Appointments are made directly with your proctor site.
- Students testing in Anchorage can submit an Appointment Request form online. Available testing hours for our office in Anchorage can be viewed at the UAA Distance Education Testing Calendar.
- For testing sites outside of Anchorage, please contact your proctor directly for an appointment. Contact information for preapproved proctor sites is listed in the Student Guide (pdf).
UAF or UAS Course Requiring Proctored Exams:
Use the following proctor information when you submit an exam request form with your campus.
- Students enrolled in a UAF or UAS online course with proctored exams should refer to the syllabus or instructor for any necessary forms to complete.
- Students who need to take a UAF or UAS distance course proctored exam in Anchorage can submit an Appointment Request form online.
Proctor Name: Staff
Title: eLearning: Distance Learning Services
Business: University of Alaska Anchorage
Address: 3211 Providence Dr
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
Phone: (907) 786-1730; (855) 582-2337
Fax: (907) 786-1008
If you are in Anchorage and need an exam proctored that is not for a University of Alaska distance course, please contact UAA Advising & Testing at (907) 786-4525 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The UAA Advising and Testing Center proctors for non-UA exams as well as placement exams (Accuplacer, CLEP, etc.).