Internal & External Reporting

How to Report:

  • If the alleged harasser is a student, the complaint should be made to the Dean of Students Office.
  • If the alleged harasser is a faculty member, administrator, or staff member, the complaint should be made to the Office of Diversity & Compliance
  • If the alleged harasser is a third party, the complaint should be made to the Office of Diversity & Compliance

Additionally, discrimination complaints my be filed simultaneously with the applicable external agencies listed in the Knowing My Rights & Responsibilities brochure as well as listed below. Please be advised that these agencies have time limits for filing complaints.

Local Resources

Alaska State Commission for Human Rights
(for external filing of student or employment related complaints)
800 A Street, Suite 204
Anchorage, AK 99508
Toll Free Phone: (800) 478-7692
In Anchorage Phone: (907) 274-4692
TTY: (800) 478-3177

Anchorage Equal Rights Commission                                                                                                                                                                           632 W. 6th Avenue, Suite 110                                                                                                                                                                        Anchorage, AK 99501                                                                                                                                                                                              (907) 343-4342                                                                                                                                                                                       


National Resources

Office of Civil Rights
(for external filing of student related complaints)
U.S. Department of Education
915 Second Avenue, Room 3310
Seattle, WA 98174-1099
Phone: (206) 220-7900
TTY: (206) 220-7907

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
(for external filing of employment related complaints)
Federal Office Building 909
First Avenue, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98104-1061
Toll Free Phone: (800) 699-4000