After review by the college/school curriculum committee, a hard copy of the proposal, signed by the dean, is forwarded to the Governance Office along with an electronic Microsoft Word version of the full proposal. The complete curriculum packet (signed and electronic) needing UAB/GAB review must be received in the Governance Office by 9 a.m. Monday in order to be on the agenda for the Friday meeting of the same week.
Please reference the Curriculum Handbook
for additional information.
Please visit the course search website for assistance in filling out your Curriculum Action Request (CAR) form. This searchable website provides box-by-box information for active courses that can be easily transferred to the boxes on the CAR form.
Consult with the Office of Academic Affairs before starting this process to discuss the necessary steps and required documents. For undergraduate programs, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For graduate programs, please contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Prospectus (proposes developing a new program to the Provost)
Faculty planning to propose a new program must submit a pre-prospectus through the chair and dean to the Provost. Once the pre-prospectus is approved, faculty move forward with the curriculum and new program documents below.
- UAA Program/Prefix Action Request - PAR
- PAR example - See page 54 of the Curriculum Handbook
- Catalog copy in Word - copy directly from the online catalog
- Academic Assessment Plan & Assessment Plan Action Form
- Course Sequencing Document - for undergraduate programs only - contact Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs (email@example.com)
- BOR and NWCCU materials:
- BOR Program Action Request Form - contact Office of Academic Affairs
- BOR/NWCCU Prospectus - contact Office of Academic Affairs
- Optional for Dean's Office Planning Purposes