Graduate Studies and Research Summit 2012
April 27, 2012
9:00am - 4:30pm
RH 211 & RH 220
GSA Mixer & Poster Session
April 27, 2012
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Call for Abstracts (NOTE EXTENDED DEADLINE DATE)
The Graduate Student Association of the University of Alaska Anchorage is currently accepting abstracts for the 2012 UAA Graduate Studies and Research Summit. The symposium will be held on Friday April 27th 2012 on the UAA campus. The purpose of this summit is to highlight the advanced studies and projects conducted at UAA by students and faculty. This is a great opportunity to share your work with fellow UAA colleagues and the greater Anchorage community. We encourage students from all schools and colleges within UAA to present.
Abstracts from all disciplines are being accepted provided that at least one contributor is a UAA student. Preference will be given to applications that have a student as the primary contributor.
(1) 250 word limit (not including title, authors, and affiliations)
(2) Layout and style requirements: Font: Times New Roman; font size: 12; title: bold; presenting authors name: bold
(3) Provide your name and contact information, including telephone number and email address.
(4) Indicate your presentation preference: (a) oral presentation, (b) poster presentation or (c) special format – please describe (for example, giving a reading or displaying art work).
(5) Indicate times that you would NOT be able to present (e.g., early morning, late afternoon).
(6) Oral Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes (including time for questions). Therefore, please plan for a 10 minute talk, plus a couple of minutes for questions. An LCD projector, VCR/DVD, and projection screen will be available.
(7) Abstracts are due no later than Sunday April 15, 2012 at midnight.
(8) Please send the abstracts by email to email@example.com. (James Willacker, GSA).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Title xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Abstract text of maximum 250 words xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1) Presenting authors name (student), Department, University/Organization, email, phone
2) Other authors name, Department, University/Organization
3) Other authors name, Department, University/Organization
(a) Oral or Poster or Special Format
Time presenter cannot present
Please note time you are unavailable due to your class schedule.
(Example: X am - X am due to classes)
If you are interested in being part of the GSA Research Summit Subcommittee to assist in Summit organization and logistics please email UAA_GSA@uaa.alaska.edu for more information.
For more information, see the Summit Program here or the GSA Summit 2011 article featured in The Northern Light.
This site will be updated as the 2012 GSA Summit plans are finalized.
For updated information about this and other GSA events emailed directly to you sign up on the