- The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) The official source for information on medical school admission requirements, the Medical College Admission Test (including subject content and test dates), Medical Scientist Training Programs, MD/Ph.D. and MD/JD programs, financial aid for medical school, and applying to foreign medical schools. The AMCAS (American Medical College Application Service) online application is usually available in May.
- Accredited U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools A listing maintained by The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) that includes medical school addresses and AMCAS application deadlines.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) A resource for the premedical student who is interested in osteopathic medicine, perhaps with the intention of applying to both allopathic and osteopathic programs. The site includes general information on the osteopathic medical profession, links (and addresses) to the sixteen osteopathic medical schools, and an online request form for an application kit.
- American Medical Association (AMA) The AMA web site provides access to membership information, The Journal of the American Medical Association, American Medical News, and much more.
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) The AMSA web site provides organizational information and also a rich collection of links to other medically-related resources.
MEDWEB is a catalog of health related web sites that is maintained by the Emory Health Sciences Center Library in order to provide access to biomedical information that may improve education, research and patient care. Their front page has links to resources covering many different subjects through the "browse by subject" link. In addition to the above listing, the most popular include:
- Alternative Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Medical Illustration
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Virtual Reality in Medicine
The Health Professions Advising website has been developed by
the WWAMI School of Medical Education in partnership with the
Honors College Office of Undergraduate Research & Scholarship.