You must complete the BHS orientation before applying. Access the Orientation & Information presentation (pdf).
Get the BHS Application here (doc).
Graduates of this program will be able
- Analyze and navigate community based human
services agencies, service delivery systems and secure a variety of community
- Apply a strengths-based approach to working
with people and their problems in living,
- Effectively use intervention and core
paraprofessional counseling skills,
- Apply their acquired human services skills
in a service agency to include assessment, interviewing, treatment planning,
service delivery, and paraprofessional counseling,
- Demonstrate consolidation of knowledge
through three areas of learning including:
- Understanding of an agency, its target
population and services delivered, and interaction with their community
- Development of professional self and
identity with appropriate use of supervision,
- Application of client/community
- Understand qualifications required for
employment as a Human Service Professional.