View the IT Services Balanced Business Scorecard.
IT Services manages UAA’s technology infrastructure (campus networks, telecommunications, enterprise computer systems), operates facilities (open computer labs, the Anchorage Data Center, the Faculty Technology Center) and provides over 45 IT-related services to UAA’s students, faculty, staff and patrons. This “Scorecard” tracks 8 key measures of our performance within the following perspectives:
- Financial: to be fiscally accountable and agile
- Breakeven is the forecasted year-end surplus or deficit expressed as a percentage of total IT Services funding. Breakeven will change month-to-month based on spending trends and responses by IT Services management.
- Reallocation is the dollar amount of budget that is shifted monthly. Reallocation may be zero or more, typically less than $25,000 in a given month.
- Customer: to achieve our mission
- Availability is the total time during a month that networks and computer systems are operational, exclusive of planned maintenance. Availability is expressed as a percentage of available minutes during a 24-hour period over a 30-day7 month (available minutes ÷ 43,200 minutes). The dial gauge shows current month average network and computer system availability. The graphs shows network and system availability performance over the past 12-months.
- Satisfaction is the total number of “Excellent” and “Good” ratings received in a month expressed as a percentage of total responses. The dial gauge shows current month satisfaction. The graph shows monthly satisfaction performance over the past 12-months.
- Internal Processes: to satisfy our customers
- Change is the total number of approved Requests for Change, or RFCs, that occur in a month.
- Productivity is the total number of Incidents resolved/completed (or closed) by IT Services in a month. Of particular interest is the average number of days required to close an Incident.
- Learning & Growth: to achieve our goals, how do we sustain our ability to change and improve?
- Anticipation is the total number of unplanned outages in a month
- Effectiveness is the number of incidents that are closed on first contact. First contact resolution (FCR) is expressed as a percenatage of total incidents closed in a month
Each measure is represented by a dial gauge showing current month performance. Click on a dial gauge to show additional information about that measure and performance on that measure over the past 12 months.