IT Services focuses on a Service Management strategy. "IT Service Management (ITSM) is a discipline for managing information technology (IT) systems, philosophically centered on the customer's perspective of IT's contribution to the business," [Wikipedia]. IT Services uses an ITIL framework to implement IT service management.
UAA IT focuses on 4 core ITIL processes: incident, problem, configuration, and change.
- Incident - tracks interruptions to service with the goal of getting business back to normal quickly
- Problem - correlates incidents that have common causes (problems) and identifies work arounds
- Change - tracks and controls modifications to configuration items like equipment and software
- Configuration - focuses on recording and controlling accurate records of configuration items necessary for the service to operate
Here are some key evolutions of our ITIL framework
- Service catalog - a "restaurant menu" of services offered
- Project planning - a short list of in progress and planned projects
- Standard practices - reproducible steps for reproducible results
- Change advisory board - managing change to improve services and prevent problems
- Priority decision matrix - Technicians work 24x7 to achieve high levels of service