Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers a Bachelor of Science degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics. Each degree has two options – the Traditional Option and the Secondary Teaching Preparation Option.
The Traditional Option in the baccalaureate degree programs in mathematics offer an excellent foundation for any career involving theoretical or applied mathematics. Well-trained mathematicians are in demand in many sectors of society including business, finance, education, computing, and government. The Traditional Option also prepares a student for graduate study in the mathematical sciences. Both the Traditional Option (with appropriately chosen electives and the Secondary Teaching Preparation Option satisfies NCATE standards, and prepares a student to teach mathematics at the high school level.
In addition, the Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers courses and programs for those students who wish to:
- Obtain an Associate of Applied Science degree
- Obtain an Associate of Arts degree
- Obtain a variety of Certificates
- Study mathematics for use in another discipline
- Improve job-related mathematics skills
- Study mathematics for self-interest