See the Registrar's Dates and Deadlines page for Graduate degree deadlines. All students must hold a baccalaureate degree in an engineering or closely related discipline and submit to the UAA Office of Admissions:
- A completed UAA graduate application form.
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results, taken within fives years prior to the application date.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals particularly qualified to attest to the applicant's qualifications for graduate study.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A one-page personal statement discussing the applicant's credentials and readiness for graduate studies. This is an opportunity for the applicant to share relevant information, qualifications and experience that would not be included with the UAA graduate application form or reflected on official transcripts. It is also the applicant's opportunity to describe his or her desire and commitment to pursue graduate study in mechanical engineering.
Current UAA baccalaureate students enrolled in engineering or a closely related discipline at the conclusion of their junior year may apply and be admitted to the MSME program. Students must complete their baccalaureate degree requirements before receiving their MSME degree.