To provide leadership, vision, and support in advancing UAA's strategic internationalization
The Office of International & Intercultural Affairs (OIIA) works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, staff, and students to advance the goals and objectives for the internationalization of UAA, including the community campuses and Prince William Sound Community College, as set forth in UAA's Strategic Plan 2017
- Oversee education abroad, evaluating opportunities and guiding students in selecting and preparing for academic, internship, and service learning programs.
- Work with faculty, departments, and programs to identify and advance international aspects of the curriculum.
- Assist faculty in identifying and qualifying for international teaching and research opportunities.
- Serve as the clearinghouse for the Fulbright Programs for faculty, administrators, and staff, and share information about other international grant opportunities.
- Partner with faculty to develop international faculty-led study abroad programs.
- Encourage and guide the development and strengthening of international exchanges as well as relationships with international partner institutions.
- Provide expertise for a multitude of activities, including the development of Memoranda of Understanding and Agreement.