The Office of International and Intercultural Affairs supports UAA's International and Intercultural Learning Outcomes by facilitating education abroad opportunities for our students. It also supports the development of institutional and college-level international partnerships, including managing exchange agreements, and it assists the institution in welcoming visiting delegates.
UAA's International & Intercultural Learning Outcomes
1. Understand one's own culture(s) within an Alaskan, national and global context.
2. Apply knowledge and critical thinking to global and cultural issues, trends, and systems, and use diverse frames of reference to address problems.
3. Communicate and connect with people in other communities to extend one's own access to information, experiences and understanding.
4. Foster additional languages, including Alaska Native languages, as a component of the UAA experience.
5. Develop an informed critical awareness and understanding of cultural differences, similarities, and ambiguities.
6. Gain an Alaskan, national and international perspective on careers.
Approved March 9, 2012