The Council’s charges and expectations include the following:
- Provide overall guidance and leadership on the continuous improvement and refinement of UAA’s planning and budgeting processes;
- Provide guidance and direction on the implementation and refinement of budgeting principles and methodology;
- Advise the UAA administration on the specific principles, priorities, and allocation criteria that would guide our annual resource allocation decisions as well as allocation and utilization of facilities and technology-related resources;
- Create effective linkages and relationships between our planning and resource allocation and utilization processes;
- Promote transparency and accountability in our priority setting and resource allocation and utilization decisions; and
- Ensure meaningful participation by appropriate governance groups of our university community in this critical administrative leadership area.
The Council is advisory to the Chancellor and his cabinet. Ex-officio members will serve while they are in the position or governance role they currently hold. All other appointees will serve on the Council for a two-year term.