To encourage and recognize departments that have taken extra steps to
have greener operations, lowering their operating costs and their environmental
contingent on documenting all 5 of the required pre-requisite criteria.The level of certification depends upon the
points for the total optional criteria the department meets. Certification is
good for 2 years; criteria and other requirements may change over time.
Steps to certification:Certification Levels
1. Download the resource guide at: www.uaa.alaska.edu/sustainability/officegreencertification/index.cfm
2. Convene a departmental green team and review the
resource guide. Using the guide, discuss
what your department is already doing and what additional actions you might be
able to take.
3. Cross off the actions you are already taking on
the checklist, available at the same url as the resource guide (above). Implement any new initiatives identified at
the meeting, and check off those actions as well.
4. Complete the checklist electronically and submit
it to the Office of Sustainability electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We will contact you to perform an audit and
review and arrange to present your plaque.
(Pre-requisites plus 15 out of 30 points)
(Pre-requisites plus 20 out of 30 points)
(Pre-requisites plus 25 out of 30 points)