- McGee, J.S. & Meyers, D. (2014). Sacred relationships, strengthened by community, can help people with mild or early-stage Alzheimer's disease, Generations, 38, 61-67.
- Karlin, B.E., Visnic, S., Shealy McGee, J., & Teri, L., (2013, August 12). Results from the Multisite Implementation of STAR-VA: A Multi-Component Psychosocial Intervention for Managing Challenging Dementia-Related Behavior in Veterans. Psychology Service. Advance online publication. Doi: 10.1037/a0033683
- McGee, J.S., Meyers, D., Carlson, H., Barclay, P., & Funai, A. (2013) Spirituality, faith, and early stage Alzheimer's disease. Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion, 24, 221-257.
Published Abstracts/Conference Proceedings
- McGee, et al. (2013, November). A positive psychological approach to optimizing health and well-being in people with mild dementia. Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- McGee, et al, (2013). Perceived physical health in family members of people with Alzheimer's disease. Conference proceedings for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (ICAD), Boston, MA.
- McGee, et al. (2013) Spirituality as a resource in mild Alzheimer's disease. Conference proceedings for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (ICAD), Boston, MA.
- McGee, J.S., Nguyen, A., et al. (2012) Factors influencing time to nursing home placement in persons with probable Alzheimer's Disease. Conference proceedings for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (ICAD).
- McGee, J.S., Darby, E.J., Biernot, J., & Doody, R. (2012) Amnestic MCI, sleep disturbance, and cognitive functioning. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society.
- Community Engaged Research Pilot Grant, Living with Dementia: The Alaska Experience, $2,000, University of Alaska Center for Community Engagement and Learning (2014, January)
- INNOVATE Award for Research, The Malawi Resilience Project, $25,000, Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies, University of Alaska, Anchorage (2013, December)
- McGee (2013, October). Joyful Spirit! Optimizing Health and Well-being in Diverse Caregivers through Person Centered Care. Fourth Annual Dementia Conference, Diversity and Spirituality in Person-Centered Care. Sponsored by Holy Cross Hospital, Riderwood, and Alzheimer's Associate of Maryland, Baltimore, MD.
- McGee (2013, August) Joyful Spirit! Optimizing Health and Well-being in Caregivers of People with Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias. Sponsored by the Alzheimer's Association of Louisiana, Lake Charles, LA.