The Department of Psychology recognizes exceptional undergraduate students by awarding them Departmental Honors in Psychology and noting the award on their permanent university transcript. To graduate with Departmental Honors, the student must be a declared Psychology Major and meet the following requirements:
- Satisfy all requirements for a BA or BS degree in Psychology.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.50. Review the guidelines criteria for the University Honors Program
- Take Foundations of Modern Psychology (PSY A412).
- Take Conducting Research in Psychology (PSY A420).
- Complete PSY A499 Senior Thesis. The thesis project must be approved in advance by the Undergraduate Studies Committee and carried out by following applicable departmental guidelines.
- Students intending to graduate with Departmental Honors must notify the Undergraduate Studies Committee, in writing, on or before the date they file their Application for Graduation with the Enrollment Services Office.