In an Emergency:
- Dial 911 and provide information to the dispatcher
- If it's safe to do so, wait in the area until emergency service personnel arrive, and/or meet them at the building entrance.
Closure or emergency information updates
In the event of a closure, campus emergency or other disruption, information about the Anchorage campus may be available by calling (907) 786-1800.
Information may also be disseminated via the following methods:
Safety and security tips
- Walk in pairs at night or contact Parking Services Call Team at (907)-786-1103 or stop by their offaice in the basement of the Bookstore. at any time to have a community service officer escort you to your car or other campus location.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Trust your instincts.
- Keep your residence door locked at all times.
- Report suspicious persons or situations.
- Alert campus police if you will be working late on weekends.
- Never leave personal items unattended.
- Lock your vehicle.
- Report all incidents or crime or suspected crime to campus police at (907)-786-1120, and never hesitate to call for help.
- Find more information go to http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/students/campussafety.cfm
Who can help?
Off Campus Resourses
- Anchorage Community Mental Health Services 24 Hour Crisis Line: (907) 563-3200
- Anchorage Fire Department (911)
- Anchorage Police Department (911)
On Campus Resources
- UAA Campus Police (907)-786-1120
- UAA Student Health and Counseling Center: (907) 786-4040
- UAA Residence Life: (907) 751-7444
Contacting any of these resources does not commit you to further legal action and is confidential.
- UAA Security Escort (907)-786-1103
- UAA Student Health Center and Counseling Center (907)-786-4040
- UAA Disability Services (907)-786-4530
- UAA Student Support Services (907)-786-1380