Mission of Intramural Sports
The mission of the UAA Intramural Sports Program is to provide a meaningful and beneficial involvement, which allows one to embrace the educational experience offered through sports activities and special events. The Intramural department serves as a means of improving the quality of life, which allows all participants, regardless of degree of skill, an opportunity to develop new friendships, group loyalty, sportsmanship and the respect for all opponents and officials.
Each participating team must have a team captain to conduct all business
with the IM Office. It is suggested that great care be taken in the selection of a
captain who will be responsible for the following:
- Entering his/her team in the desired activity by the entry deadline. Full
names and student ID numbers of all members must be submitted, along with signed and completed Acknowledgement of Risks and Release of Liability forms and as well as the Intramural Participant Sport Activity fee of $10.
- Forgery is not acceptable and will result in automatic suspension from the
- The team roster will not be accepted as official unless all members of the team have signed the Risk and Release of Liability form; as well as the team captain's signature.
- All completed rosters must be submitted into the UAA IM office on or
before the deadline to be possibly accepted to participate in league play. This is based on a first come first serve basis.
- Any team that is not represented at scheduled captains' meetings will be
assessed a penalty.
- Checking the eligibility of all players by referring to guidelines and ensuring
that all team members bring their current Wolfcards to the scrimmages and games for eligibility checks. If a player on your roster has not shown up for 3 games and you have tried to contact them, you as captain may remove them from your active roster and move the first person on the waitlist up to active.
- *Picking up the game schedule, and keeping team members informed as
to the date, time, and place of scheduled games and any unscheduled cancellations.
- *All team captains, at the end of a game, will be required to initial the
score sheet to verify final scores.
- *All team captains and co-captains are ultimately responsible for team conduct during IM league contests, tournaments or special events.
Protests must be made within 24 hours of the game/contest in question
and submitted in writing to the Intramural Director.
Intramural Eligibility Rules
The major purpose of the following eligibility rules are to provide reasonable
and equitable intramural participation for students, faculty and staff. They
are specifically designed with the intent of “exposing”or “disciplining”violators.
It is hoped these procedures will not be necessary. These rules have been
established to serve as a guide for all participants. The spirit of the rules is
Intramural individual sports programs are designed to promote motivation
of continued health and physical fitness through personal goal setting at a variety
of fitness levels. Pick a program to help you attain or maintain a level of physical
fitness that meets your needs.The IM department would like to assist you in
any way possible to help you with your program.
Individually directed fitness program. Intramural fitness t-shirts are presented
to participants who meet their individually determined goals. Point values are
assigned to various activities that participants choose. Participants work out at
their own convenience and are responsible for reporting their weekly points to
the Intramural Office.
The purpose of the IM Fitness Challenge program is to provide the campus
community an opportunity to engage in an individually created fitness program
that meets their personal goals. The goal of the program is to encourage all students, staff, and faculty to participate in a safe physical activity that will:
- improve fitness
- reduce stress
- develop friendships
- improve skill/ability
- improve self-esteem