- Rosters are limited to 12 players, 8 males and 4 females.
- 5 players plus one goalie constitute a team. Minimum starting ratio is
3 males and 1 female. On the beginning of a game, no team shall have fewer
than 4 players (this includes goalie).
- Mercy Rule: Any game will end when one team is up 10 goals.
- Games will be divided into two 20 minute running halves with a 3-minute
halftime. Clock will stop for injuries.
- In case of a tie game a 3 minute sudden death. There are no substitutions allowed during the 3 minute sudden death. If after 3 minute sudden death the tie is not broken, a shootout with the 5 players that are currently on the floor (goalie not included) will take place. Females continue to score 2 points for a goal.
- Women score 2 points per goal.
- No sliding, high kicking, scissorskicking, or shooting within the goalie's crease.
- Shin guards are required. Play shall occur according to FIFA laws and regulations as ammended for intramural play:
- Field of Play: The dimensions will be determined by the limitations of the Wells Fargo Sports Complex Gym.
- Kickoff: Starts when the ball moves at least one full rotation after
the referee whistle. The kickoff can be taken in a forward direction in indoor
soccer (modified for NIRSA Rules). Points will not be awarded for goals
scored on a kickoff.
- Penalty areas will be marked before the start of the game. No indirect kicks
by the attacking team allowed inside this area. The kick will be taken to the
nearest point outside the area perpendicular to the goal wall.
- Players recieving a yellow card must leave the field for 4 minutes with his/her teamplaying short during that time. The carded player can not play in the next game without meeting with the IM Director. Players recieving a red card must leave the facility immediatly with his/her team playing short for the balance of the game. The carded player must also sit out one additional game, and cannot play in any further games without meeting with the IM Director.
- A player with a bleeding injury must be substituted for immediatly. They can not re-enter the gym until the bleeding has stopped, the injury is bandaged, and all the blood is removed from the uniform.
- Fighting is automatically punished by a one-year suspension with the additional disciplinary action taken as necessary.
Goal Kick and Corner Throw: Any ball that contacts the brick wall will be
considered out of bounds and a goal kick. They can place the ball anywhere
within the penalty area to kick the goal kick. If the defending team kicks the
ball out of bounds on the goal wall, a corner throw is awarded to the attacking
team and is taken from a spot three feet away from the goal cover.
Direct Kick: Any handball, tripping, sliding, scissor or high kicking.
Penalty Mark: The penalty mark will be twelve steps from the goal line to the
center of the goal wall. While taking the penalty shot, all players except the
goalie and kicker must be outside the penalty area and ten feet (unless otherwise
specified by referee) away from the penalty mark.
Out of Play: The ball is out of play and will be awarded as indirect kick for
opposing team when it strikes the ceiling, lights or any fixtures. An indirect kick
is awarded to the opposing team if a ball is kicked out of bounds. The ball
should be placed no more than three feet (unless within the goalies crease) from the place the ball went out of bounds. Once the ball has been placed, the team has five seconds to kick the ball into play. If more time is taken, the kick is awarded to the opposite team.If the ball gets caught in the netting behind the goal, the ball is out of play. Any ball caught in the netting kicked by the defending team, a corner throw is
awarded the attacking team. At least one foot must stay on the ground when
attempting a corner kick.
Quarter Line: The offside rule does not apply to indoor soccer. Instead there
are quarter line violations. It is a violation if while the goalie is in his/her
crease, the ball is passed over the two red quarter lines in the air without contact
being made by any player. If this violation occurs, an indirect free kick is
awarded to the opposing team in the center of the quarter line nearest to the
goal being defended by the player committing the violation.
Fouls: A direct free kick is awarded when charges opponent
into the wall. An indirect free kick is awarded when the goalkeeper does not
distribute the ball within five seconds after gaining full control of the ball,or players
do not kick into play after five seconds have passed any direct or indirect
kicks awarded. Any non-penal infraction is the penalty area by the defensive team is taken to the nearest spot outside the penalty area with his/her
hand until it has been played outside the penalty area by another player. An
indirect free kick outside the penalty area is given for this infraction. All defenders
behavior such as intentionally standing closer than two feet (except when it
is close to the defenders goal), jumping in, etc., will not be tolerated.