Office: Department of Residence Life, MAC 6-103
Phone: (907) 751-7422
Kerry was born in California and has lived
in Washington and Idaho. She moved to Alaska in 2002 and resides in
Anchorage with her partner, Mike. She has worked at UAA for ten years in the areas of student media, student activities, and residence life, and has fifteen years
of experience in a university setting. When not at the office, Kerry is a freelance writer and painter,
enjoys spending time with her friends and family, and is a Reiki I practitioner.
Kerry also holds roles with the following organizations:
- Co-advisor, The Family. UAA's LGBTQ club, The Family, exists to promote awareness of issues confronting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, other, and ally students, faculty, and staff of UAA and the community at large. It is a safe meeting space, and also provides information and education, support, and referrals. Membership is open to all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Trainer, educator and ally, UAA SafeZone. SafeZone is designed to increase the overall campus community's understanding and awareness of issues faced by gender and sexual diversities and other marginalized persons through intentional programs, advocacy, education and training.
In addition, Kerry
has served as an adjunct faculty member with the Computer
Networking & Office Technologies (CIOS) and English departments, and
in partnership with the Chugiak-Eagle River Campus (CERC), teaching
courses in Business Writing, Office Procedures, Creative Writing in 4
Genres, and Writer's Workshop: Intermediate Non-fiction.
- M.F.A., Literary Non-Fiction, University of Alaska Anchorage
- M.A., Poetry, with an emphasis in Communications, University of Idaho
- Reiki I Practitioner, Spirit Path Yoga Wellness & Ayurveda Education
Professional and Departmental Service
- Co-advisor, UAA's The Family
- Trainer and Ally, UAA SafeZone