The purpose of the Anchorage Community College Book Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students who are in financial need and who are currently enrolled in an Associate and/or Vocational/Technical degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is $500 per academic year.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an Associate and/or Vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage (Anchorage campus).
- Applicant must show contribution to the betterment of the student body through student or public services, campus employment, student government, and/or acts performed for the good of the student body.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
Submit the following 2 pieces of information to qualify for this scholarship:
- First, applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. Letters must be mailed or dropped off to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit letters in a sealed envelope ATTN: Anchorage Community College Book Scholarship:
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Anchorage Community College Book Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503
Second, applicants must also submit a statement of financial need (250 words max) in the text box below: