Once you have applied or been admitted into a degree program at UAA, make sure you complete all of the following in order to maximize your scholarship opportunities at UAA:
1. Complete the UAOnline Scholarship Application
Login to UAOnline with your *UA Username and Password.
Navigate to the 'Student Services and Account Information' submenu.
Select 'Scholarships' from this menu, to access the UA Scholarship Application.
By completing ONE application, your eligibility will be evaluated for all University of Alaska Statewide and UAA scholarships that do not require supplemental materials to be submitted.
Review the "How to Write Scholarship Essays" guide.
- *Click here if you are NEW to UAA and need help locating or activating your account?
2. Submit Supplemental Materials
- If you have only filled out the UAOnline Scholarship Application, your are automatically considered for those scholarships that DO NOT require supplements.
- If you would like to increase your chances of qualifying for a scholarship, review the Take the Next Step guide for a comprehensive explanation on identifying the scholarships that have an additional step.
- All supplemental materials must also be received by the Office of Student Financial Assistance by the February 15th deadline.
3. Complete the FAFSA
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is used for two things:
- The FAFSA provides biographical information that may be used to help identify eligible applicants for some scholarships.
- Some scholarships require that students demonstrate "financial need" to receive an award. "Financial Need" is measured by the difference between annual college expenses and the potential amount that your family can afford to contribute. Please don't skip applying for "need-based" scholarships just because you and your family don't qualify for federal need-based financial aid. Lacking federally-defined "financial need" does not mean you are ineligible for scholarships at UAA.
Important Reminder: The deadline to submit a UAA Scholarship Application is February 15 prior to the academic year for which you are seeking scholarships and must be resubmitted each academic year. Please note: There are some scholarship programs that accept applications all year long, so consider applying even if the deadline has passed.